HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Montana unit 630,31,32 mule deer?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Nemont
Fork Horn

Default RE: Montana unit 630,31,32 mule deer?

I my opinion post rut hunting out there is the toughest hunting of all. The bucks disappear into the nasty thick stuff, everyone who has not filled a tag yet feels compelled to spend the entire Thanksgiving holiday out there banging around, the weather is more then iffy it can be down right dangerous. The deer have been pressured since the last week of October plus all the elk hunters who haven't filled a tag are out banging around still. In addition with the CMR itself closed to buck hunting the last two weeks of the season those big boys just move onto the CMR and stay there.

My advice would be find a spot to sit and glass. I would spend more time behind the spotting scope then walking around. Of course get off the road as far as possible.

Also remember that in all region 6 districts (except 652) the CMR proper is off limits to buck hunting the last two weeks of the season. That closure is in effect 1/2 hour after sundown on Nov. 16th. If youdon't believe me call the CMR at 406-538-8706.

Nemont