Thread: Camp food
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 05:16 PM
txhunter58
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Camp food

ORIGINAL: finnbear

All I can say is YUCK!!!!!!!
I have an elk camp, we have anywhere from 6 to 15 guys, I do all the cooking...and I mean cooking!! not this have your wife cook something up and put in a bag or Tupperware and U take it to elk camp heat it up and say damn I did good!!!!!
I charge every one $200 for the season and I provide all the beer and food, if they want booze it's BYOB!!!
we have salmon steak or fillets, tuna steaks, beef steaks...fresh salads, fresh baked bread (1 thing I do have my wife do), pasta dishes U name it we have most likely had it!!! C'mon here guys iffn ya gonna cook ...then cook!!!!!!!! I ain't that hard!!!!
As stated, when and where do I come???

However, I am definately a hunter, and not a cook. For those that are both, great, but I leave camp way before daylight and come back well after dark, so as stated by others, the last thing I want is to cook.

I cook meals ahead of time, let them simmer, then let them sit in the fridge for a day to let the flavors mingle, then freeze for the trip. I guess you have to go with the flow, but spagetti is still one of my favorites. Easy and has all the essentials.