HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)
Old 09-03-2008, 04:05 PM
BTBowhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: official team 44 thread

My .02 on scent control.
I do it all! I shower before each hunt. keep my clothes in a airtight scent free bin till the last minute. I wear scent blocker clothing including gloves and hood and spray down with scent eliminator especially the boots and pantlegs before going to my stand. Never pump gas wearing my hunting clothes. I keep my stuff away from cooking odors, smokers, and especially dont let the dog bnear me in my hunting clothes.

I realize that you cant eliminate human odor altogether but I alos beleive that deer smell humans often enough that they will often tolerate a bit of human odor thats not to close, too fresh or too strong. I do my best to smell as little as possible but I still hunt as if I havent showered in a week. I dont do like the commercial says and "forget the wind, just hunt"
but I HAVE had occasions where my wind feather (always on the end of my stabilizer) was pointing right at a mature deer and not been busted. Lucky? maybe. But I beleive that deer hunting is a game of making your odds the best thay can be day after day so that you get "lucky" once in awhile!