HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)
Old 09-03-2008, 12:20 PM
quiksilver
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 13 Thread (Returning Champs) The Dark Horses.

Al - looks like a wide open understory in there. I know that's how a lot of those woods are - it's the same way up around my camp in Warren, PA. Big canopy, not much on the ground - until you get into the cutovers, which are pretty nasty to walk through.

Jason - you're 100% right. Sometimes, I think bowhunters canbe a littletoo conservative in the early season - fearful of bumping something. Look at the summer-pattern bucks that get entered in this contest every year. It tells a tale of how easy the pickings can be, before thehormones start to kick in.

So who has a hunting vacation planned?I know Jason is taking a week to huntin Iowa. I know that Dan will be takinga little jaunt to Ohio. Anyoneelse?You don't have to be"going" anywhere, just trying to see if anyone has any time off work just to hunt.

My only hopeof a "hunting vacation"will be if I did pass the ethics test, then get admitted to the PA bar - and can somehow swing a "break" between 2 jobs. My ethics test scores should be in within a week or two, so that will start to cast some light on things...