HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - equipment that you can swear by???
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 06:29 PM
DM

Default RE: Equipment that you can swear by???

Here's some itoms that i've had for many many years... Inever left on a hunt without them, and they have proven themselves as"best buys".

Swaro Bino's... You wouldn't believe what they have been through, and still work as new. I can't tell you how many other brands i've seen fog up or give headaches on hunts that friends have brought hunting.

700 Rem's... They have been great rifles. Many times keeping me alive while i was in the bush, as many times i was hunting alone. The oldest700 that i own, i bought new in 1971. My brown bear rifle is built on a 700 Rem. action/Douglas bbl.that i put togetherabout 1980.

S&W M-29, 44 mag... I always wore a shoulder holster with my M-29 in it when flying "anyplace". If the plane crashed, i wasn't going to be with a gun... On hunts, i took a lot of big game with my 29, as many times i'd leave my rifle in camp.

Eddy Bauer sleeping bag thatbought it in 1975. I've slept many a night in below zerotemps in this bag, and it's also still like new.

Coleman tent (Prairie schnooer?) that looks like a covered wagon. I bought it in 1974, and it's still in excelent condition. Ithas taken unbelivable rain and winds on the Alaskan Peninsula! Yes, i took really good care of it, and it's proven to have been worth it!

Leupold scopes. My Leupolds have been about as reliable as rocks! They may be old, but they sure have been reliable.

Gerber knives. I have three that i've owned since the 70's... I remember Gerber advertised at the time, that the blades were HARD at RC62. The models are, C-475 and two C-375's... I bought one and liked it so much that i bought two more. They are HARD to sharpen, but do they everhold an edge! I always took the 475 for a camp knife and for backup...And an375 always stayed in my pack... I couldn't even guess how many moose, bear, deer, caribou ect... they have gutted, skinned and quartered or boned out!!

Lastly... MY Eddie Bauer Poncho! It's also been to hell and back, and it's still working like it shoud. It's been living in my pack, ready for action since the 70's when i bought it new!

DM