HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Comments on Hunting Shows on TV.
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Dirt2
Typical Buck

Default Comments on Hunting Shows on TV.

Right up front, let me state I do not have TV at home, but I still see it occasionally in other places. I am seeing a very disturbing trend in the hunting shows I have watched.

It seems that the majority of deer bow kills go like this: stick an arrow somewhere in the deer's body cavity, let it run and lay out all night, then go find the remains next morning. You have to watch close to see that's what happened sometimes, because they don't always tell you upfront that's what they did, but I've seen three and four hunts in a row like this on many shows. It is definitely not an unusual occurrence.

Am I the only one who finds this completely unsatisfactory? If not, I wishhunters who do have TV would raise a stink with the channels. I think it would not be too much to insist that anykill video where the deer was left over night not be shown. Do it right or you don't get paid!

These people are shooting at moving deer, fully alerted deer, long-range deer, and it's just one liver/gut shot after another. We need to police our own ranks here people!