HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 08:31 AM
GrayDawg
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 18 thread

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: GrayDawg

To be completely honest- I'm not getting the warm-fuzzies regarding the level of dedication/commitment from this group. I've tried to get things going with respect to a team name and in the last 2 days- not one other team member has offered up any alternative names to the one I suggested & only one other team member has replied at all!

My teams in the ArcheryTalk & Mathews Forums had about 50 posts each in the first 2 days after the teams were created. Frankly, I've seen more excitement in a fart on a log.

OK- now that I got that off my chest, how about these names:

Dead Deer Walking
Pass Thru Crew
Death From Above
Antler Assasins

Any comments on any of the five names I've suggested to date???
Come on guys- the season is upon us for some guys in certain states,
why did you sign up if you weren't going to be active?

Rob

Because I am on a four day business trip, working 12 hour days with no break and no lunch.

I have to work when the season is out so I can hunt when it comes in. I don't have the luxury of sitting on my duff looking at a computer screen all day. Somebody has to get up and drive the mule.

Season doesn't come in until October in VA. I actually have an invite to go shoot deer out of a duck impoundment (they are eating the corn to pieces) down in NC where the bow season opens Sept 5. So I might get to hunt early this year.

Frankly I don't care if we just call ourselves Team 18.... I'm not going to lose sleep over a name... the contest isn't about the name. But lets try not to act like a bunch of 18 year olds flipping out when a girl doesn't call us the day after a date.
Nobody was flipping out. I very calmly expressed my concern of what I perceived to be a lack of interest on the part of some of our team members. I was calm then- I'm calm now. No flipping out, just trying to get the ball rolling and get folks "off their duff" with respect to participating on this team.

To me, calling ourselves "Team 18" would be the height of unimagitiveness- and extremely lame. And for the record, I'm very calm as I type this. Heart rate 32 BPM, Blood pressure 130 over 80.

Pass Thru Crew is fine with me...........

Rob