HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2008 Elk Hunting Contest Teams!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 07:20 AM
Muliefever
Nontypical Buck

Default 2008 Elk Hunting Contest Teams!!!!!!

Alright fellow elk hunters. We have enough interest to have an Elk hunting contest this year. Please sign up as soon as possible. I will post teams August 27th. I came up with a easy scoring system. So hopefully we have no confusion. If there are any questions please feel free to ask.
1 pt. for a spike
2 pts - cow
3 pts - 3 point bull
4 pts - 4 pont bull
5 pts - 5 point bull
6 pts - 6 point bull
etc.
And then a measurement for the widest part of the rack.
0-20" 1 pt.
21-30" 2 pt.
31-40" 3 pt.
41-50" 4 pt.
51-60" 5 pt.
61 plus 6 pt.
Count the side that has the most points. Rember this is just for fun. I will do my best and I expect the same from all who participate. Pictures with you, elk and bow. And don't forget your tag! A couple more people and we can get this started! I will be hunting back country along with some of you. I think a picture if the head will do. If you do not post a pic your points will not be counted. Please feel free to post any pictures you would like to share from your expierence.

Okay fellas, here are the teams for our 2008 Elk Hunting Contest!!! I gave everybody a number and my wife drew the numbers out of a hat to assign teams. So it doesn't get any better then this! If we have any late bloomers they will have to have a team of three prior to August 29th. To be in the contest. Lets make this a fun and reocurring event here on the forum!

Here We Go!

Team 1
Jackflap- Colorado
dabowhunter- New Mexico
PAbuckbuster- Penn. & Montana

Team 2
Fishm@n- Washington
elkhuntinut- Colorado
Greg/MO- Colorado

Team 3
Sclwald- Wyoming
Oneshotlilghtsout- Oregon