HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official America's Team Thread (19)
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 09:12 AM
wihunter402
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

Hey guys. I'm Dave and just checking in. I have not been on here much but this is my 5th year in the contest. I busted up my ankle real good back in the 2004 contest. Anyway I recognize some of the names on here. Looking forward to a great year. I hunt Wisconsin which I am sure you could tell. We had an awful winter last year and I was thinking we would not have much for bucks this year. I have a couple of decent ones on camera but nothing huge. I hunt on 80 acres of private land in the CWD zone of Wi where I am the only one until my son comes home on leave. He is looking to get home for 2 weeks starting Oct. 29th. My daughter is heading to Navy boot camp mid January so both my kids will be in the Navy soon.

I have not taken many bucks with a bow as I keep passing up everything waiting for something bigger. This year may be different. We are unlimited doe tags and earn-a-buck. So for every doe we shoot we get a buck tag with NO LIMITS. I will not shoot everything out there but will be taking at least 2 does. I have 3 carry over buck tags from last year (we can earn for the next season in Wi). 2 years ago I did shoot a small 3 pointer that was in full velvet. I always wanted one in velvet. I won't be shooting anything that small again. Our season opens Sept. 13th and I will be out for the opener. Always seems like the best time to bust a doe.

I love the avatar. Looking forward to an active team thread this year. Keeps things fun.