HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Predator & Small Game Contest?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 08:57 PM
Howler
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Predator & Small Game Contest?

Well, last year we ended up with 10 4 person teams, and I'd guess that we'll end up with more than 40 people this year, we did have a few late people show up that wanted on teams, but they missed our sign up cut off date. We could end up with 60 people this year, maybe? let's see how many people sign up, but I'm sure that we'll need more than 3 teams. Jrbhunter, #40fan, and myself will have our names in the mix, with random draws, and let the chips fall how ever they fall.
You can look up last years rules and points on the old thread. They worked fine last year, point system worked fine last year, but yes, I think we need to concider allowing raccoon, because they are a predator and they can be called. Maybe make them worth 5 or 10 points. Just throwing out ideas, maybe know else wants to allow raccoons!! I know I probably won't call and kill any, maybe one or two in KS., but allowing them won't help me enough to worry about, but there may be a few guys that don't hardly have any coyotes to call, but may have a good population of raccoon and would participate if we allow coon to be on the list.