HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PowerBelt 295gr.????
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 12:50 PM
sjsfire
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PowerBelt 295gr.????

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

the problem i have is no access to a rifle range. therefore i can not experiment with different loads of powder and bullets. i only have the time to shoot my ML once or twice to sight in a year, this is why i use the pellets and powerbelts. i also hunt terrain that will allow up to 150 yards shots, so i try to accomplish an accurate load that will shoot as flat as possible...hence using 150 grains of pyrodex. accuracy is not my issue with the powerbelts, just fragmentation which i hope improves with the heavier grain bullet.

Not trying to come across as "a know it all" but I don't really think you need 150gr of pellets to be effective at 150 yards. It would be worth your while to contact Frontier Gander or the others in the blackpowder forms and discuss the Powerbelt/150gr pellets. Or, try a Barnes solid copper bullet with 150grains of powder. They don't come apart with a hot load and aren't anymore $$ than Power Belts. Just trying to be helpfull and I don't mean to try to Hi Jack this thread.