HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cold weather boots??
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 01:16 AM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Cold weather boots??

lLike wtb, cold to me is also much different then what your mentioning. In extreme cold I wear schnee pac boots which are awesomehowever not required IMO for your application. However my advise is look at what your sock wear. I personally where polyproplene sock or sock liners as my first layer. These wick the moisture away from your bare feet which helps to keep them dry, a main culprit for cold feet. The second layer for me is a wool sock of varying weights deopneding on the temperature. Wool is by far the best sock IMO to wear - insulateds even when wet.

When it comes to boots, choose a boot with enough room that when wearing your heaviest socks you can still wiggle your toes freely and provides some rome all around your feet, ankles and your lower leg/calf area. Personally I like lace up boots so I can untie/loosen them off while on stand.

If you want a rubber boot, look for a model that provides thinsulate insulation throughout the entire boot. I personally prefer a rubber lower or sole booted vs an all rubber boot as i have sweaty feet to begin with and rubber doesn't breath well causing me more cold feet issues.