HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats A Good Bow For A Beginner ?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 07:00 AM
jrbsr
Super Moderator

Default RE: Whats A Good Bow For A Beginner ?

ORIGINAL: SevenMag

fwiw - I can't do pushups very well either, however, I can easily yank back a 70lb bow at 40yrs old... your budget is your only constraint really, there are great bows at every price level these days... imho, search out a good quality bow that's a year or two old... you can get a sweet bow for not much coin if you shop smart... check for leftovers from 07, i'd strongly consider a leftover diamond black ice in 60#, a left over or used ross cardiac, if you want mathews get the switchback xt used - imho their finest bow to date, if you want new check out the new bear stuff, pretty nice for the money... I'd give a serious look at Elite, right now they've really got my eye and I'll probably part with my Ross CR334 to get it... but you'll probably not be able to find used or left over since they are a relative newcomer (though the ownership has good pedigree being former Bowtech engineers)...

as everyone will say, just go out and shoot as many as you can, when I was shopping for my Ross i shot a ton of bows, the most fun shopping experience i've had in years...
My left arm was messed up real bad in a car crash when I was 17 years old.
And I have a hard time drawing a high pound bow.

So what does every one think would be an easy bow to draw ?

Thank You

jrbsr