HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone know if Gander Mountain is going out of business
Old 08-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Gangly
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone know if Gander Mountain is going out of business

The local GM in our area started off turd slow but i see more and more people in the parking lot the longer it stays open. It really surprises me though because their prices are horrible on many items, more specifically rifles. However, they do offer a lot of the higher quality equipment though, so when i need to find a rather pricey piece of equipment that i cant just walk in anywhere and find, i can almost always walk right in to GM and find it.

Cabela's though......
All i see in their catalogs is Cabela's brand articles of clothing, shoes, tools, sleeping bags, tents, jeans, socks, belts, cammo,etc. Im sure that if washing machines became popular in hunting, they would stamp their name on some and sell them as the premier piece of equipment. Thats fine if it is the top of the line stuff and you are selling it as top of the line stuff, but the real problem is, EVERYTHING i have seen with their name on it looks like it is made with the cheapest materials and cheapest craftsmanship. If i see something with their logo on it, I instantly move on to the next item, not because i dont like cabela's, but because most everything with their brand name tatoo'd on it looks like cheap quality junk that they bought from the lowest bidder so that they could strap their name on it and make a buck. Cabela's brand to me used to mean quality, now it means "junk that has been given the Cabela's name so we can sell cheap crap for a lot more"