HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA
Old 08-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Win.88

Default RE: Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

I understand what you are saying.I hunt both verticle and horizontal bows,IMO a crossbow is still a bow on a stick.Think about all the modern accessories added to the recurve.Stabilizers,sights,illuminated sights,releases,cams,string silencers,vibration dampeners and probably some things I'm leaving out.Is this bow hunting? I think it is.It is just a step forward in technologyfrom a real bow.I own a recurve crossbow.Really, the only modernthing I have on it is the sights.Is using a crossbow bow hunting? I think it is.Just because you have a weapon that is a little easier to use doesn't mean you are going to get a deer.Just because you have a newer ,or more powerful gun doesn't mean you have a distinct advantage.I don't get a deer every year but I'm happy to get my share.I have been hunting with a friend of mine for over twenty yrs. and he has only gotten 3 deer.He's the type that had to get a 30-06 when his 30.30 was still working fine.Had to get the better bow when he was still hitting 1 1/2" circles with the old one.It's sad to say he can't hunt for dookie. And won't take advice.I think It's his hard german head.No offense to anyone I don't know.So while everyone is getting excited about xbows and speculating and anticipating about everything bad,just because you have a cross bow doesn't mean you are going to ruin archery for everybody else.You have to know how to hunt first.