HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2008 - 2009 Gun Deer Contest Sign Up Is Now Closed
Old 08-06-2008, 09:29 PM
jrbsr
Super Moderator

Default RE: 2008 - 2009 Gun Deer Contest Sign Up

ORIGINAL: melsheeba

Why isn't this just a deer contest instead of a gun deer contest? I see in the bow forum that they don't even have a contest?
Because bowhunting forum has a contest

2008/2009 Bowhunting Contest Sign-Ups! --> http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2899931

Okay, you asked for it. Before Signing up, READ THE RULES! IF you cannot abide by them, don't sign up!

Also, it's not that hard to either copy and paste or quote the poster before you to keep the numbers rolling. I also appreciate everyone who helps keep the numbers and missed members up to date. I'll do my best but I make mistakes too. I'd hate to miss anyone.

These are the same rules as last year, I copied and pasted them. Any changes, we'll address when we make a rule thread.

1. Deer(whitetail/mulie/blacktail)must be taken legally and ethically as laws apply in the state your hunting including tags.

2. Archery equipment only which include crossbows, compounds, longbows and recurves. One bow contest only.

3. Antlered deer only (whitetail, mule, blacktail)including antlered doe, if it's tagged with a buck tag, it's in.

4. We will be using the Pope & Young Gross/Green scoring system, no deductions. Velvet bucks scored the same. (See percentages below)

Whitetail (as norm):125/125 = score x 1
Columbia blacktail: 125/90 = score x 1.39
Sitka blacktail: 125/75 = score x 1.67
Mule deer: 125/145 = score x 0.86

5. Open to all members new and old unless your signed up in another bow contest on HNI(only) You may sign up for the rifle contest as well, please don't sign up and disappear, you'll be replaced. No more than 10 persons per team, drawn randomly....alternate's when necessary starting with first come first serve....I'll oversee it.

6. Signup begins July 12th (this year), Deadline to join is Sept 1st
, with alternates then being taken until Oct 1st or as needed to complete teams. (amended by majority vote, teams picked after XXX signups, in fear of not enough alts, alts being taken as needed and possible new teams formed drawn randomly)

Just LOOK in the bowhunting forums.