HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remington 760 Gamemaster
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 07:41 AM
TJEN
Fork Horn

Default RE: Remington 760 Gamemaster

I have a 7600 in 35 whelen it has a 1.5-5 scope mounted with leupold low rings and the hieght is perfect. I hunt close up some times shots are 15 yards but never over 50 yards in the cedar/tag alder swamps here in MI. When I use this for more open woods terrain its great for 200-250 yards shots so there is no need for Iron sights if you have the right scope.

The see throughrings do not offer as good of field of view as does the lower power scopes. And the really mess up the cheek position and is not natural. Its a very poor sighting setup at the least. He just recieved this gun as is so he needs to set it up for his needs. By getting the right hieght rings (possibly quick disconnects) and may be a lower power scope than the 3-9 if he is hunting where shots are 15-150 yards.

A good gun fit is as inportant with a woods hunting rifle as it is with shotgun for upland hunting for accuracy. The 760/7600 are setup for this type of hunting. The exrta high see-through rings only ruin this well designed plan of sight,and are a very poor excuse for putting thr wrong scope on a gun for the hunting conditions its to be used for.