HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which arrow is best for me for speed and accuracy???
Old 08-04-2008, 09:55 AM
rhustek

Default RE: Which arrow is best for me for speed and accuracy???

I would suggest Easton Lightspeed 400's for your setup, either the 85 grain or 100 grain would work. Also the PSE Carbon Force arrows are a nice choice as well, probably a 300 in those for your draw weight and length. The length of your arrows can be measured or calculated.

You can estimate the length of an arrow by pulling your bow back to full draw and having another person mark the arrow as close to the rest as you desire, just make sure you have clearance for your broadheads etc. and its long enough not to fall off the rest.

You can also calculate the length of an arrow by starting with a desired overall weight and useing the grains/inch data of that shaft. For 65 lbs the IBO rating of 5 grains/lb would put you at a total weight of 325 grains. Nowafter factoring in your vane weight, nock, tip and everything else you can get yourshaft as short as possible in order to come close to325 grainstotal.

You could probably get more speed from your bow by going under the IBO recommendations however when people talk about how fast their bow is, the IBO standard is assumed. IBO is also the standard weight for warrantee guarantee, another reason people often use this standard.