HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remington 760 Gamemaster
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 05:11 PM
skybuster20ga
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Remington 760 Gamemaster

just punch out the two pins in the reciever and the trigger assem. will come right out. that will tell you all you need to know. then i just use an oily tooth brush and air to clean the bolt. those pumps are pretty problem free and funtion under any conditions. a real low maintanance gun unlike the brother 742. as far as the 243 being a close quarters brush gun, well, lol that can be argued a few ways. ide say yes in the fact that its a small dia. bullet and has a better chance of not hitting any brush lol but if it does come in contact w/ a limb or what not then its all over but the crying. also hunting thick timber usually means shooting at running deer and running deer dont offer perfect broad side text book shots. my opinion is the 243 isnt a heavy enough bullet to tuck in a deers rear end and know its gonna penitrate full length into the vitals. (thats why we like the .30 cal and .35 cal up here in maine)

sounds to me like you already have the perfect close quarters gun in that little model 7!! a good man w/ a bolt gun can shoot and hit just as fast as a pump. my father is living proof. he tracks w/ both (pumps and bolts)and ive seen him light them both up like the rifleman and have dead deer lying everywhere lol