HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What scope?
Thread: What scope?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 10:38 PM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Default What scope?

I'm looking for a decent scope to put on my Marlin Muzzle loader. Being that I paid $150 for the gun I don't want to spend a ton more than that for a scope. I would also kind of like a rifle scope so that I can put it on a rifle later on down the road if I want to.

Right now I have a Tasco Bucksight 3x9x40. I put it on last year and it worked great but this year I looked through it and it seems like the cross hairs are blurry and hard to see. I have another one that I used on my rifle while my Leupold was being sent in for repair and just keep it as a spare now. I'm tempted to put this on but would really like to just kind of go to something nice unless you guys think I should just put it on. It works fine now but since this broke after maybe 6 shots then sitting in a gun cabinet it worries me. I also have a guy saying he will buy my spare Tasco for not much less than what I paid.

I have a Leupold VX-1 on my 30-06 and while I like it better than the Tasco I'm not to thrilled with it either. I had the insides break loose inside of it to where they would shake. I sent it in and they did repair it however it took like 2 months and was right in the middle of hunting season and just a pain. That's why I bought the extra Tasco to use until it came back. I hadn't even had the scope for full year when it broke although it had quite a few shots through it.

I want something that will hold up that I wont have to worry too much about it breaking. I'd kind of also like to try a higher power than a 3x9 however if I can't in that price range a 3x9 is fine.

Any suggestions for around $150 or less? The less the better as money is tight right now. I'd love to set my budget at $50 or so but I figure I won't get anything decent at all for that so I'm setting it at $150.