HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Trail Cams Trail Cams Trail Cams!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 09:45 PM
TexasBowHunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trail Cams Trail Cams Trail Cams!!!!!

Brother, welcome to the wonderful world of trail camera's....I know where you are at, it is a maze for sure....I would not dismiss the moultrie's too fast, I have three of them now, after buying several different one's.
I hunt on leased land and there are 9 of us that all have camera's, every brand that you can think of there is at least one on the land somewhere or has at least been used. I can not tell you this camera is better than that camera, I can tell you that we have had problems with all of them. I just bought the most expensive camera that I own which was $200 and it was a I 40, my initial report is that it takes excellent pictures and the infraredhas good distancebut it has only been in use for a few months. I also have two D-40's that take really good pic's too that have been trouble free for over a year now, however one of the other guy's bought one last year at the exact same time and place that I bought mine and his will not take pic's anymore as of a couple months ago. He spoke with moultrie and they are going to take care of it last I heard. Not saying that they are the best but they take dang good pic's for the money and yes they are an investment. If I were going to spend more than $200 I would go with the leafriver brand, which will be my next camera when the time comes. One of my buddies bought one two years ago and has not had a problem with it yet and one set of batteries lasts around 5 months but he spent some coin on it too.....With the experiences I have had with my moultries I would buy another one in a heartbeat....There are a couple that I would not buy (from experience). The one camera that I would not buy again would be my wildview, I have not been impressed with that camera in the least (it was my first) and last...Good Luck with your decision, I know it isn't an easy one.....