HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Maxi-hunters
Thread: Maxi-hunters
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 07:00 PM
gleason.chapman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Maxi-hunters

ORIGINAL: finity

I've got a TC Omega. Last year I used TC Mag-express sabots. they were great for accuracy but I hate the way they load. Almost had to pound them down the barrel. My wife (who hunted with me for the first time last year) ikes the shock waves but those are even harder to load.

I had used Buffalo ball-ets in the past with a CVA & liked the accuracy but LOVED the way they loaded. I tried to use them in my Omega & they wouldn't group worth a crap.

I was thinking about using either Buffalo bullets(conicals) or Maxi-hunters. I really like how the lubed bullets load.

Anyone have any experience with either of these out of an Omega? Powder charge (I use 777)? etc?

thanks
Your going to get a lot more accuracy with sabots at extended range. Switch your sabot to an MMP 3petal EZ or a Harvester Crushed Rib on your TC Mag-Express. Also in the Omega Manual (I have an Omega) it says on page 60 that you have to swab between shots for best accuracy and easier loading. I swab with a 50% mixture of windshield washer fluid and rubbing alcohol.
Chap Gleason