HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Silver impreg. clothing over Carbon I like the idea
Old 07-09-2008, 12:02 PM
TG78

Default Silver impreg. clothing over Carbon I like the idea

I am really having a hard time deciding on how serious I want to get into scent control this year especially with buying some new base layers. I am really really skeptical of the carbon thing simply because I believe it becomes saturated with scent very easily and even more important I think many recent studies have shown that a regular clothes dryer cannot even re-activate the carbon to begin with! On the other hand I really like the idea of the Silver impregnated clothing that actually kills odor causing bacteria and does not need to be re-activated. The idea is new enough in the hunting scene to keep me from being able to talk to many people who have used it or done studies on it. Have any of you had good or bad experiences with it or know of any reputable studies showing its effectiveness. It seems too good to be true but then again I am using a few items that at the time seemed a little too good to be true.