HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Browning BAR?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 11:13 PM
jgcoastie

Default RE: Browning BAR?

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

Magnum Man I should have stated that I also feel that most semi-auot's have some degree of unreliabilty to them(IMO). For example I am a revolver person, not a pistol person.

I have hunted deer in TN where the original poster said he wanted to hunt "hogs and boar". The boar's in TN can get pretty big. I am not questioning any one elses BAR's, but I would not feel comfortable if I needed a follow up shot for one of those big boy's. I would rather have a lever or pump rifle, I truly consider them to be more reliable than any semi-auto. Tom.
Tom, I was born and bred in central MS where hog huntin is serious business... I've also hunted pretty much everything from hog to elk in various states from FL to CO... There's only one gun I've needed for these types of game in said locations... For nearly the last decade it's been a BAR in 30/06... I won't make a claim that I've shot thousands of guns, never had a need to... I've got, IMO, the best all-around hunting rifle that exists... I've never had one single malfunction of any kind with that gun... And I'm consistently able to get a 2" group at 300 yds... The BAR ain't a cheap gun (in quality or price tag), Browning makes high-quality hunting rifles... I find it hard to believe that every BAR you've held produced poor groups without some type of shooter error... I'm not trying to discredit your previous statements, but I'd have to agree with pretty much everybody else on this board in saying that you're definately in the minority on this one...

Boars are big, they are dangerous, my BAR has performed exceptionally well in all conditions... It's the only gun I hunt with...