HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Federal Black Cloud Shells?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 05:40 PM
driftrider
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Federal Black Cloud Shells?

To me if what you are using works and you are a shooter why is the need to fall for a Marketing Ploy?
ORIGINAL: Hoppmeister

Hunting and Fishing Industry Strives on "New and Improved" Hype and always will..

To me if what you are using works and you are a shooter why is the need to fall for a Marketing Ploy?

We kill Tons of Birds and Using what we have used for Years.

Just my Two Cents
Not every new thing is a "marketing ploy". To deny that there have been positive improvements in hunting and shooting sports gear would be foolish. While it's possible that you are correct in this case, to simply dismiss such innovations outright would be akin a professional Longbowman in the English Army of the middle ages dismissing the hand cannon as a viable weapon simply because it was early firearm technology and as yet unrefined and unproven.

My point of asking about the Black Cloud shells was to get a first hand account of the shell's performance in real world situations to compare and/or contrast against Federals very flashy marketing. It would seem that many feel that the BC shells are as good or better than standard steel shot, while there are enough critical reviews to make one realize that they are not the Holy Grail of non-toxic shotshells. If you'd have read carefully you'd also notice that I have no experience with waterfowling or non-toxic shot shells, which is also a very big part of why I asked this question in the first place. But thanks for your input all the same.

Mike