HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowtech ... do all their reps feel this way?
Old 07-05-2008, 12:07 PM
GrumpyTom
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech ... do all their reps feel this way?

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

Well, I didn't mean to get in over here where it aint my business and I werent tryin to cause trouble, just voicing an opinion on the subject that the poster had posted.....yuo have yur self a nice day now ya her!!!!
Ignorant, misinformed people usually answer with your answers. That concept 99 bow is a compound which can be legally used in any State which excludes crossbows. This bow, once drawn to full draw, will hold itself at full draw if hung upside down, only by it's own weight.

Why do all the States starting to open up the archery season to crossbows, ... there are many reasons, but the most prominate one is that they are starting to see that compounds and crossbows are generally equal to each other in giving the archer an advantage (over recurves and long bows .... although the advantages are slightly different). Actually many long time compound shooters find that hunting with the crossbows is too difficult for them (compounds are easier for them to use), but they like to have the choice of using either model bow.

Now lets get to the discriminating factor. You say to let only the disabled use them. This requires Dr's visits, forms to be filled out ($ for the forms, time off work, and travel cost) to be incured to the disabled only. IF you truely believe in this, then lets make all archery hunters need a Dr's forms filled out to hunt with the non-cross bow archery equipment. Along with that, include the State fees for each form to be processed. Oh by the way ...... the USA fedal government has ruled that it is discrimating to make the disabled incure any extra costs which the abled body hunter does not incure.

But then again, the world are learning that the anti's arguement againts crossbows are founded by nothing more then non truths and fear mongering.