HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - weird encounters with fawns this morning
Old 07-05-2008, 05:48 AM
bloodcrick
Giant Nontypical

Default weird encounters with fawns this morning

I found out where the phrase deer in the head light look got coined this morning [&:]I was driving the back way to work this morning which cuts through my hunting lease when i noticed eyes coyote high, comming straight at me down the grave road. Suddenly it dawned on me that it was a fawn instead. On came the brakes hard, as i skidded sideways to a stop a mere 6 feet from it. Well it never slowed down and ran head first smack dead center in the front of my bumper, BAM!! [X(] Not knowing if it knocked its self out i got out shut my door to go get a look. Suddenly it rounded the driver side and passed by my at 2 feet and continued straight down the middle of the road tough little SOB'S . Another 1/2 mile down the road, anotherpoka dotter was standing in the middle of the road with momma standing on the side looking on. This one took off running down the road away from me and ran forever while i tagged 50 yards behind Finnaly i decided that my head lights were messing with it and shut them off briefly allowing it to vere into the woods. Weird morning!! Im just sayin!!