HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Federal Black Cloud Shells?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 06:07 PM
driftrider
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Federal Black Cloud Shells?

I think there has been a little misunderstanding...I'm looking at hunting Canada Geese (the species) and ducks in Iowa, not hunt geese in Canada (don't I wish). I actually live about 20 minutes from the outfitter. I'm looking at a guided hunt because I have ZERO experience hunting waterfowl, and wouldn't even know where to start on my own. I ask about these shells because they seem pretty novel and I also have zero experience with non-toxic shotshells (I've shot exactly zero in my lifetime). As far as the need to practice, I'll probably take it to the trap club a couple times, but I have no doubt as to my ability to wingshoot. My average at the 16 yard trap is 24 of 25, and that's with a Browning BPS with a full choke and #8 1oz target loads. I don't think I'll have too much trouble nailing a decoyed goose at 30 yards. I just want to avoid wasting my money on crappy ammo, and to find out if the Fed BC shells are all they're hyped up to be (because having an edge never hurts, right?).

Thanks for the info. I think that I'll get at least one box and give it a try. If it doesn't pattern well in IC or Mod, I'll just go with the plain vanilla steel shot.

Mike