HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hey Ohio... YOU SUCK!
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 08:48 PM
GordonGekko
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hey Ohio... YOU SUCK!

Whoa, where did this come from? Specifically what section of the Ohio Code did this come from?

The only thing I was able to find was able to find in the code is a reciprocal restriction which states:

1533.221 Restricting filed trials for nonresidents.[/align]

A nonresident of this state shall not exercise, train, or work a dog in this state at any time when residents of this state are prohibited from exercising, training, or working a dog in the state in which the nonresident resides, except as otherwise provided by division rule. Nonresidents may participate in bona fide field trials at any time after proper entry.
Effective Date: 10-20-1994.

This essentially meansthat a non-resident can't traininOhio only if anOhio resident wouldnot be able totrainin the state where the non-resident resides. Many states have restrictions like this. When I started hunting Arkansasa hunterhad to buy a license for a hunting dog. They did away with it sometime during the 90's if I remember correctly.

Long story short, according to the code I referenced, unless your state prohibits out of Ohio hunters from bringing a dog to train, etc., you can bring yours to Ohio.

[/align][/align]