HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buying a Phoenix with a couple of questions
Old 06-27-2008, 11:53 AM
kry226

Default Buying a Phoenix with a couple of questions

Been reading the forum for years and I have just about decided, that bang for the buck, the Phoenix is the CB for me. However, there are several options or avenues I can choose, and I need some help.

1. I know of a used Phoenix (unknown year) for $400with Vari-zone Multiplex Scope,Quiver, 10 Bolts, Cocking Aid Rope,Destringer, Cordura Soft Case,and Rail Wax/Lube. Is this a good deal, and if so, what do I need to look for in a used bow that might be an indicator of abuse or dry fire?

2. I have found a new Phoenix package for $775.95 that includes: 2008 175lb Phoenix Crossbow, Excalibur Lumizone Scope, Scope Mount, Scope Rings, STS Crossbow Silencing System,Kwikee 3 Quiver, 12 Gold Tip Carbon Arrows, 12Field Points, Apack of American Broadhead Sonic Pro 100'sBroadheads, Rope Cocking Aid, Bow Stringer, Deck Wax, Quake Crossbow Sling, Neet Padded Crossbow Case, and top mount quiver bracket.

Is the second optiona package I should jump at? Thanks in advance for your help.