HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what are 2 or 3 of the top of line hunting compound bows
Old 06-26-2008, 01:26 PM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what are 2 or 3 of the top of line hunting compound bows

I'd say that the top of the line hunting bows (marketing wise) for 2008 are the Bowtech 82nd or 101st, the Hoyt Katera or Katera XL,the PSE "Dream Season"and the Mathews DXT or Drenalin LD. Those are just some of the flagships from the BIG FOUR manufacturers, and the ones that also demand some of the highest price tags.

From mypersonal standpoint... there are a few bows throughout the last ten years or so that have just purely been absolute winners.... and at least in my eyes have really earned a spot on my personal "best ever" compound bow list: Hoyt Ultra-Tec and Pro-Tec, Mathews LX and Switchback XT, Bowtech Alligence and Tribute, Diamond Black Ice, Parker Hunter Mag (cheap and effective) along with the ubiquitous PSE Nova (no doubt several people's first new bow... and while I don't care for it myself, its contributions are undenyable... kinda like the Marlin 30-30 of bows). Just a few from recent history.