HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Release'em or Eat'em
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Ol JohnnyBoy
Typical Buck

Default Release'em or Eat'em

Hey guys. I know that this is one of the age old issues in bass fishing but how many of you actually keep the bass that you catch. The reason I'm asking is because I just started "officially" fishing for bass this year (thanks to MUCH HELP FROM MEMBERS ON THIS BOARD)and practice catch and realease for all of them. The problem is, whenever I tell a family member or anyone else for that matter that I released the fish the ONLY response that I've gotten has been "YOU WHAT??!!!!"Even the other day I was fishing and several other people were fishing and asked how I did. After I told them they were like "YOU COULD'VE GIVEN US THOSE BASS". I don't know. Don't get me wrong, I'll keep all the sac au lait (crappie) that I can catch but something about the bass I just take a few photos and return them to the water. I guess I just don't want to ruin the lake by taking too many fish out but mostly everyone else that I've seen has been keeping their bass (excepta guy that I fished with one day a few months back). What do ya'll think. Should I start keeping some?