HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - lost my 4 leged friend (bow hunters night mare)
Old 06-07-2008, 10:57 PM
racewayking
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: lost my 4 leged friend (bow hunters night mare)

Sorry to hear about your loss Bloodcreek. I had a heartbreaking moment 3 years ago when my ex-wife's mother got into my place the day of my divorce since legally the keys hadn't been turned over yet. I left for court and she had a smile the size of Texas on her face, and her mom showed up smilling as well. I got through the mess and went home only to find my Black and Yellow Labs gone, nowhere in the divorce decree did we discuss the dogs because she didn't want them or so I thought. The Black was my all time best hunting buddy, she would catch shells outta the shotgun and would go 12 hours of hunting if you wanted her to. I don't have a digital pic of her but I have one of her litter mate, she was the pick of the litter with her brother http://www.easthilllabs.com/hank.htm

When me and the new wife were dating we decided to adopt a dog instead of me getting another purebred. Knowing that I would never replace that dog she felt it better that I get a mutt. I saw it her way and we adopted our Brittany/English Pointer/Yellow Lab mix and a year later a Black and Tan Coonhound/Black Lab mix. I can honestly say neither are near the hunting machine that Piper was but they bring a new balance of love, frustration, clumsiness and love to my home. I know you will miss your pup but I am sure the adventures you are about to embarq on will be rewarding as well. Here are our sporting mutts