HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Please Help? - TC Omega/Nikon Omega, Base/Rings
Old 06-07-2008, 03:44 PM
HEAD0001
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Please Help? - TC Omega/Nikon Omega, Base/Rings

The Leupold QR rings are good rings, but they are overpriced IMO. However I personally do not lilke the idea of taking a scope on and off a rifle. It can be done, it is just not for me. I have used all types of take off rings over the years. The scope will return very close to zero. but I would always check my zero. So why pay the extra money??

Lapping the rings means that you are "Polishing" the rings into proper alignment. It is virtually impossible to align the Leupold rings. So you must hand lap the rings to allow the scope to lay in the rings properly, without torquing.

There is no way I would put a good rifle scope into a set of Leupold rings that were not lapped. But then I have seen people in the past turn their rings into the base while using their scope as a lever. So I guess it takes all kinds.

Any time you can get your rings farther apart it is a good thing.

Also you should be able to use the Leupold QR rings on the Warne base. They are all basically a Weaver(Picatinney) style. Tom.