HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Please Help? - TC Omega/Nikon Omega, Base/Rings
Old 06-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Absolute Giant
Spike

Default Please Help? - TC Omega/Nikon Omega, Base/Rings

First off I want to say thanks to everyone for your input with scopes and rings in general. As I have mentioned earlier I have a TC Omega and recently recieved my Nikon Omega scope. I can only say without shooting, that I really like this scope thus far. Being a newbie to scopes (bases and rings) I am confused with what I should get for my setup. I am still interested in getting a Quick Release setup for cleaning ease and saving space in my gun safe. I will need 1" diameter rings and after hearing from you all it looks like I need medium rings. Now for the part I'm struggling with. If I go with quick release do I need just the quick release rings and solid base or both quick release rings and quick release base? Those of you thathavea quick release is it just the rings or is it the base also?Should I get a one piece base or two piece base? I understand the need for a two piece base, but I believe my muzzleloader should except either. I have also seen extension rings, I'm not exactly surewhat these are for or if I need them? And lastly brand, I know this is probably like Ford vs. Chevy. I just don't know what's best. I am looking atLeupold and Warne. If you guys could fill me in on some of this I wouldgreatly appreciate it. If you have specific part numbers that would be great. If I can see what I need that my help.

Thanks