HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - any throw&grow/ W.I secret spot experiences?
Old 05-25-2008, 08:52 PM
jake_
Spike

Default any throw&grow/ W.I secret spot experiences?

This is my first year with a food plot, nothing big but i have started the process a while ago. I mowed my area, raked it, tilled it, tilled it some more, 100-150 lbs of lime, tilled it some more and i am going to till it one more time with some fertilizer and then plant. I didnt do a soil test(i know i should, but i dont want to invest too much $ into it really this year).
I want to experiment this year on what grows good for me in both my hunting areas and then figure out for next year if i really want to get serious and make them bigger and use more then hand tools/garden rototiller as somebig/proper equipment is available to me as i live on a farm).

MY ? is do any of you have any info on the throw and grow stuff from evolved habitat? or the secert spot stuff from whitetail institute(WI)? I alsohave a seed sample pack from Whitetail instituteand i am going to see what works best and go from there.

( i also have another spot that i mainly hunt, but there we just hauled in some black dirt, and will throw some seed down and see what happens. That one is 30 miles away from my house, soi cant care for it like i want to .)

thanks in advance
jake