HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dry Fire
Thread: Dry Fire
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 10:18 PM
dogboy900
Fork Horn

Default Dry Fire

So I snuck off today for a couple of hours to try shoot some goats with my buddy.

We got close to a few but not clear shots, so we didn't take a shot..... Until I spoted one bedded down out in the open.
We snuck in behind some brush my buddy came to full draw and stepped out with the goat about 10 yards away, and hissed at me to step out as there were three there. It was about now that I noticed his arrow had somehow come off the string. I was desperately whispering/shouting at him not to fire as his arrow was off! He tried to look down and touched off his release accidentally.

His bow is a PSE Fireflight and is pretty old 15+ years at least.

It does not look too bad, it seems the only damage is a snapped cable but he only just got it back after having to wait for 3 weeks for a new string. Spare parts for old bows suck!

I think he was hoping it would be more damaged so he could convince his wife he needed a new one

So no goat hunting for a while as he is the one with permission to access this land. Unles of course I can convince him to come along as cameraman!