HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My baby scores!!
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 11:48 AM
stikbow26
Nontypical Buck

Default My baby scores!!

Well my daughter wasn't able to make it out this past weekend because she had to work so I told her we would goout today around home andshe could hunt!! Well we set our blind up at 10:00 am and at 11:00 had a hen come in and feed for 45 minutes right in front of us. Then at 11:45 I hear a noise behind our blind and here comes 4 toms struting into the hen 5 feet from the side of our blind.. She waits till they get out about 25 feet from us and lets the lead bird have it right in the head done deal!! The other 3 birds run out to about 50 yards and just stand there and I am hopeing to get a shot with my bow myself so I tell her we have to wait to go get her bird and she is going nuts!!! Well after about 10 minutes the other birds walk off so I tip the blind over us so she can run out to her bird and there are 3 toms and 5 hens 30 yards behind us we didn't know were there. Well I didn't care just to see that face smileing from ear to ear is so worth it!! Congrats baby!!!! This is my daughter Stephanie's second bird ever, about 20 pounds and a 4 inch beard!!!! Not a stud but big enough for her.. Walt