HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Lowly Bowstring: What a Critical Component
Old 05-12-2008, 08:27 PM
98Redline
Typical Buck

Default RE: The Lowly Bowstring: What a Critical Component

While good materials are certainly an important part of a good string, it is in the construction where the art form is.

I have had strings made of 452X that a guy at our club made that just kept creeping and creeping.....pure junk and a waste of $80. I have also had properly built strings that after being shot in (~100 shots) simply refused to budge....even after 2 years.

The 452X will probably slow your rig down a few fps, but should remain stable until they are plain worn out.
8125 makes a faster string but seems to creep when the temperature get up there.
Currently I have a Vapor Trail string and cable set on my Trykon XL using their VTX material. The speed was comparable to the original fuse string (which I never even bothered to put a peep in) but has been as stable as the 452X string on my target rig.

I am sure Gibblet's strings are of equal or better quality and wouldn't hesitate to use him when my VTs finally give up the ghost.