HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone here fish for Flatheads. Maybe around KS?
Old 04-14-2003, 06:55 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone here fish for Flatheads. Maybe around KS?

i just got hooked last summer...i was fishin for baby channels with worms and i got a bite..i had a circle hook on and figured it would get off like the rest...but that was my first sucsessful fish on circle hooks...beat the heck out of me and my rod and reel for about 8 minutes and i had a big rod and reel and 17lb test!! i get the fish near the shore(bank fishing) and it sees my lantern and takes off and splashes me..and old lady on a dock is laughing at me..i get him back and grab him...its a 28-30 inch flathead...my first flathead..nothing huge..pretty decint for our waters way up here in PA...now im hooked...im going to start fishing for them with big chubs and bluegills and try to get some of the big guys...i cant wait...that thing wasnt that big and fought like a monster...even little cats fight hard..i love catfishin...just wish there was more bigger ones up here..i cant wait to get after some big ones...