HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - $800 to spend on a 3 1/2" duck/turkey gun
Old 04-27-2008, 04:09 AM
11PY

Default RE: $800 to spend on a 3 1/2" duck/turkey gun

DING DING DING!!!!! We have a winner. I personally own a 535 Mossberg and will not trade it for anything. I love it so much, i picked up another from a guy that was hurting for money. Since i started hunting with mine in 2006, i have turned a bunch of remington folks and a few 835 folks into 535 owners. You get the feel of one and you will love it. It cycles all types of ammo with no issues and the Fully rifled Cantilever barrels are about 150 to 170 for them...I paid 259 for the 22inch / 28 inch bird barrel combo and then paid out another 150 for a cantilever barrel. Thats 410 total. Add in a scope for the deer barreland some tru glo sights for the 28 inch barrel and presto!!! You got a combo you never will part with.

I hike about a mile back in to hunt a large stump pondfor ducks back home andcarrying a heavy old 835 or a 870 super mag is ludicrous. The 535 is the same weight as the 500 and if your using the 22inch barrel, it is lighter than that. This after noon (EST) when i get off work, i will post a pic of mine with the Cantiliever barrel on it.

Tell your buddy to buy the Mossberg 535 and save the rest of the money for gas!!!! He will not be dissappointed.