HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why do some guys like Slow bows?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 10:31 AM
idahoelkinstructor
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why do some guys like Slow bows?

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: twildasin

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

I got a new "SloBow" this year and just LOVE watching my arrow fly to its Target! Pretty cool!
Yep me too BHF. The funny thing is slow bows kill animals too just the same.
10-4 on that Schutzy...Germ I am a 29" draw length 70# very light arrow! Thats all I will say cause Im not getting into another debat about arrow weight! [8D]
Well you are not shooting a speed bow[8D] That would be a medium class bow. Take your same setup on an 82nd For the record the General is one og the bowtechs I would shoot
X2,

IMO a speed bow has to be spitting it out faster than 330 f/s IBO. I myself don't worry about speed but then again I canshoot/own a bow anyware between30 to 31 inch of draw depending upon the bow set up and release. I find that most speeds bow shooters are between 26" to 28" with their draw lenght. My 08 Mathewsis the Drenalin LD. Itis only rated for 315 IBO, which in todays world is medium, not fast but not slow like bows in the past.With that saidmy draw lenghtis a a true 31" so that makes myDrenLDaround 325 IBO! Which is not to shabby, and beyond that its very accurate and forgiving with a 7" BH and a overall length of 37" ATA.