HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stupid House Cats!!
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 04:55 AM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Default Stupid House Cats!!

I am very ticked off by a recent event that I believe was caused by some house cats..gggrrr..
I was at work the othed day and when i got home the wife told me she had some bad news for me. She told me all my pheasants were gone and some dead ones were still in the pen. I went out and investigated and found 4 in my pen dead. They had roost to sit on when ever danger approaches them and at night they would sit on them. At first I thought a fox but I do not think a fox would have tried to kill them all but rather break in and take one. Also with the roosts it couldn't get them. WhenI check into it further my nieghbors told me they were fine at 6 in the morning. That by 10 in the morning the ones left in the pen were killed already but never saw what had killed them. A lady a few houses up the road is over run by cats and they have been hanging around here all winter as well. To go with the 4 in the pen I could see where a rooster was dragged off. I took a walk up in the field up back and found another one a hen dead. I hope the rest have made it out of harms way. All I can say is I was very upset with this happening and have had a lot invested into it.. I wished I was home at the time but that was not the case. So in reality I may not be able to say it was house cats but it sure looks that way to me.[:@]