HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How often do you get a new bow?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 12:24 AM
idahoelkinstructor
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How often do you get a new bow?

I have bowhunted for the pasttwenty years. In those twenty years I didn't bow hunt three of them, two I was on my mission for my church. And the thrid was the year my son was born and we were spending lots of time in and money going down to the hosptials in Salt Lake, Utah. So in 17 years I have had 8 new bows. 1989, 1991, 1997, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008. I have worked in a pro shop these last few years so thats why I have had so many new bows lately. Being honest, for most hunters and archers, unless something so revoulutionary comes out I don't see needing a new boweach year. IMO a archer who buys a new bowonce every 5 to 8 years is stillkeeping up with the latest bow technology. If money is no issue then buy as many as you like, but if your on a tight budget I feelyour better off saving you money. One bit of advice I have learned to help you with this. PlusI have seenseveral people do is this myself is this. If you saveall you coins/loose change each and everyday, along with a extra buck or two or maybe $5 or even $10every now and then. In5 years you will save up enough money for a new bow. For most peopleif theydid this for a entire year, they will have savedat least $200 bucks a year.Of course in 5 years you will have more than enough to buy a top of the line newhunting bow. This is notincluding thecost of setting it up fully, but it will buy thebare bow and it will get it themstarted on the accessories.