HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How Often Do You Vaccinate?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 04:41 AM
Bruce H
Fork Horn

Default RE: How Often Do You Vaccinate?

We vaccinate for rabies once a year, but only because the City forces us to. Let me explain. We show and breed dogs and, because we have more than 2 dogs (we have 14), the City requires us to be licensed as a Multiple Animal Site. We used to be called a Hobby Kennel, but they determined that wasn't politically correct; but I digress. Anyway, the City comes out once a year to inspect when we renew our license. Part of that is to see that all our dogs have a current rabies vaccination. No current rabies, no renewal. Every year for the past 3 years we have talked to the inspector about either the 3 year vaccination or titers. And the answer is always NO. IMHO, the City has their head in the sand. And what's even dumber, is the City inspector works part time for a local vet and knows better. Just can't seem to get her on our side. I am beginning to suspect that she is afraid that 3 year vaccination will cut into the vet business. That particular vet is another one of those that is always pushing their Science Diet food.