HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - help me not waste 70 BUCKS on a choke tube!!!!lol
Old 04-14-2008, 10:22 AM
mouthcaller
Typical Buck

Default RE: help me not waste 70 BUCKS on a choke tube!!!!lol

ORIGINAL: little indian

My buddy & neighbor is Steve Conover. He shoots for Indian Creek. I have4 IC tubes myself. They will flat shoot. Mike & Stuart can tell you what will work best in your gun. In my 935, I put 227 pellets in a 10" circle with Hevi-13, 3.5" #6's, 2 1/4 oz shot. With Winchester HV 3.5 " #6's, I put 157in a 10" circle. Both were shot at a measured 40 yds. with the muzzle behind the line.

Little Indian

Steve helped me tremendously on the NWTF forum when I was setting up my Mossberg 835. He truly is a wealth of knowlegde and is so generous with it. I ended upgoing witha Star Dot .676 for this gun and it threw 246 hits with the Nitro triplex load 2.25 oz load at 40 yards. I realize this is a lot of #7 shot but this gun will flat kill a turkey at 50+ which is all I want.

I will be setting up another gun for my son when he graduates from the 20 gauge and I will definitely go Indian Creek. If I am not mistaken they will let you return a choke for another one of different diameter if you are not satisfied.

One question: were those this years version of Hevi-shot #6s? I've read recently on the NWTF forum that guys aren't satisfied with what Environmetals has done with the 2008 Hevi-shot loads.

Mouthcaller