HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remington Quality Control
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Science_nerd

Default Remington Quality Control

Hi guys,
Newbie to the website. Just a bit of a rant; I ordered a Tikka t3 Varmint (270) last December and it still hasent arrived. Ive gone on a couple of hunting trips and have had to borrow my brother in-laws Ruger M77 30-06 (I hate borrowing someone elses gun, prefer to have my own)

So I just purchased a Rem 700 sps-v in 223 recently because I wanted a project gun I can use at the range and modify it as money comes along (also cause I was sick of waiting for the tikka and going to the range with mates and having to use their firearms). Anyway as my luck would have it I was running in the gun and noticed that it was extremely hard to lock the bolt down in the cocked position regardless of ammo brand (factory). Everyone who had a go said that there was definately something wrong. So I ended up bring it back and the salemen had a look and tried to load a round in the chamber. The after cocking and extracting the round, the brass had deep scratches along the case and he thinks the chamber has a burr in it!

So it has to go off to be checked out and I wont get it back for at least 4 weeks (I live in Sydney,Australiaand the remington HQ I think is in Melbourne). If the burr is the problem he thinks they'll just polish it out or replace it (I prefer to keep the same rifle as Ive run it in). Has anyone had a similar problem? He thinks Remington should have seen the problem before they sent it out for sale. If thats the case their QC sucks!

Thanks guys!