HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Arrow Wobble????????
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2003, 11:13 AM
Buck Magnet

Default Arrow Wobble????????

Hey guys,

I just had the MightyMite out for a little shooting. The bow is nowhere near tuned or ready to go. I have to wait for my darn pro-shop to open up again before I tune the bow (my shop hasn' t been open in weeks and I can' t get ahold of the guys). Anyways, I am gonna get help from John (the tech guy) on tuning my bow. Well, anyways, its not tuned, but, I just had it out shooting. I stepped back to about 35 yards and released a BlackHawk Vapor. In mid-flight, I noticed that the front end of the arrow seemed to be staying in the same spot, but, the back end of the arrow was making circles probablly 4-5 inches in diameter.

My question is this...... Would this mean that the center shot and vertical shot are off. What I mean is, if I shot this through paper, would I get a high and right tear, low and right tear, high and left tear, or low and left tear? I don' t want to know which one of these it would be, I am just asking if the tear would be off in both vertical and horizontal positions.

I am not worried about it, being that the bow isn' t tuned, I just got curious when I saw that

P.S. I was getting about 11-12" of Penetration in my 3-D target at about 30 yards.