HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help Me NOT go to JAIL over a damn BIRD!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 11:19 AM
shamlin

Default RE: Help Me NOT go to JAIL over a damn BIRD!!!

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

They are in Wi. Thats why it is required to buy and have a Federal Turkey Stamp in order to hunt turkeys in Wi. I dont knwo about other states but they considered a federal migratory game bird in Wi. Not sure why though, the only migrating I ever seen them do is from field to field [&:]. Just more ways for the DNR to get more cash.....
ORIGINAL: shamlin

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Being a turkey is a federal migratory bird, I beleive its against the law to use any rifle on a turkey no matter what state you hunt in. Shotguns, bows, and cross bows are the onlyweapons legal to use in most states. but check deeper for your state. you dont want any federal charges against you.
I am pretty sure Turkeys are not federal migratory birds.
That's not a Federal stamp, just another tax. Money probably earmarked for habitat. It's not Federal we don't need one in Illinois.

Oh and on the topic of rifles, I wouldn't do it. That law in Fla sounds like you can use rimfire,but not centerfire. I'd call the DNR office, but even that doesn't always work. The office tells you one thing and the CO in the field tells you another. It may still end up being a court date.
Federal means nation wide as in Federal Government.
WI is a state, as in State Govenment
Anything that is federal would apply to the NATION not just WI.