HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - alaska game management
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 10:09 PM
tangozulu
Typical Buck

Default RE: alaska game management

No you'd be wrongJeff, sorry to dissapoint you.
I simply don't care to respond to any comments along the line of "I'm in Alaska and your not." Or, "if you don't like it, stay out of Alaska." I guess wolves must have been invented there?
What intelligent argument for pretator control did you bring to the thread with those remarks?
I have watched 9 wolves completely consume a young moose here over the course of the last 4 days. I was trying to upload a photo but the file is a bit too large. We are only a few miles outside the Alaska border so I don't know if this was a Canadian or American moose, but I tell you these wolves earned their dinner as much as any hunter I ever met. It looks like one of the pups has a serious injury and I don't know if he's going to survive. I suppose I would have been more of an expert on predators had I managed to kill a few instead of just keeping tabs on them.
Nice Willy.....but if you really want a challenge try a rabbit call, it can work well too. My wife though, is unimpressed, as she has live trapped and collared many of those little devils, and she's just agirl.

tz

I've never thought of the Yukon River, as a coastal river.